[parislinguists] Workshop programme | 03-04-2015 | Time, Aspect, Modality and Evidentiality: Construction and deconstruction | Université Sorbonne Nouvelle - Paris 3

Guillaume JAUDHUIN gjaudhuin@hotmail.fr [parislinguists] parislinguists-noreply at yahoogroupes.fr
Fri Feb 20 16:17:12 UTC 2015

(apologies for cross-posting)
Dear colleagues,
On behalf of the Organising Committee, I am delighted to invite you to the workshop on Time, Aspect, Modality and Evidentiality, which will be held in Paris at the Institut du Monde
Anglophone (Paris 3), on Friday 3rd April 2015. This year, we are delighted to welcome Jan Nuyts (University of Antwerp, Belgium) as our keynote speaker.

Please find below and attached the workshop programme. Do not hesitate to share the programme with your colleagues, friends and students.
I look forward to seeing you there.
Guillaume Jaudhuin

Time, Aspect, Modality and Evidentiality:Construction and deconstruction
Workshop programme
Friday 3rd April 2015
Institut du Monde Anglophone (Paris 3)5, rue de l’école de Médecine 75006 ParisMétro: Cluny - La Sorbonne / OdéonRER: Saint-Michel - Notre-Dame
ROOM 16
10.00 - 11.00 Jan Nuyts (University of Antwerp) - Deconstructing Evidentiality

11.00 - 11.40 Eric Corre and Debra Ziegeler (Université Sorbonne Nouvelle) - Weird Features of Habitual Aspect: From Slavic to Singlish

11.40 - 11.50 Coffee break

11.50 - 12.30 Pierre-Yves Modicom (Université Paris-Sorbonne) - From Aspectual to Modal Scales? A tale of three Germanic modal particles

12.30 - 13.10 Eric Melac (Université Sorbonne Nouvelle) - The Evolution of the Verb Phrase: Expressiveness and economy as motivators for language change

13.10 Potluck lunch

Guest speaker: Jan Nuyts (University of Antwerp, Belgium)

Organization committee: Eric Melac and Guillaume Jaudhuin

Contact: eric.melac at gmail.com / guillaume.jaudhuin at univ-paris3.fr

Organised by SeSyLiA / PRISMES EA 4398