ext IPA

Yvan Rose yrose at mun.ca
Sat Jul 23 13:54:46 UTC 2011

Dear Angela, Brian,
Sorry it took me a few days to investigate the issue. A certain number of
characters from ExtIPA are present in the two Unicode fonts we typically
recommend to use with Phon: Charis SIL and Doulos SIL. However the set
appears (at first sight) to be incomplete.

This coming fall, we will investigate this issue with people behind the
development of ExtIPA, in an attempt to provide full support for the set.
Thanks for bearing with us in the meantime.

As for all of your questions, I believe that Brian has answered them all. I
also have a few bits of material for teaching Phon, which I would be willing
to share with you as well.

Best regards,
Yvan