Phon can't see VLC

Marta Szreder marpta at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 21:43:41 UTC 2011

Hello,

encouraged by Yvan Roses's presentation of Phon at the ICPC conference
in York yesterday, I have downloaded the program today (on my Mac OS X
10.5.8.) During installation, I was instructed to also download VLC,
which I did (v. 1.1.10). Unfortunately, whenever I try to run videos/
sound files, Phon says: "Failed to load VLC. Please ensure that VLC is
installed on your computer and is up-to-date. Reason: image not
found." VLC itself, however, works just fine. At the same time, I'm
not really sure the videos are actually uploaded to Phon because they
do not appear anywhere ('number of records' shown in the project
manager window is 0, but when I try to upload them again, it says that
'file already exists'.)

If you have any idea as to what is wrong/what I'm doing wrong, I would
very much appreciate your help.

Best wishes,
-Marta