Phon can't see VLC

Greg Hedlund greg.hedlund at gmail.com
Sat Jun 18 10:30:42 UTC 2011

Hello all,

According to the VLC developers, this issue should have been fixed a few
days ago.  From the VLC developer's forums:

> The issue was traced back to an incorrect configuration in 1.1.10
> builds available for the first 24 hours after publication. Please
> delete your current installation and download VLC again from
> videolan.org. This will also free 30 MB on your harddrive.

That being said 1.1.9 does work without issue (tried and tested) - there
should be no need to go back to 1.1.8.  Support for 10.5.8 for many
applications will end soon I fear.  There are just too many changes
between 10.6 and 10.5 now to effectively target both systems and with
10.7 coming out I suspect VLC 1.1.10 may be the last VLC which targets
mac os 10.5.

Cheers,

-Greg