Media and folder with special character

Christophe dos Santos master.fle.1 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 13:52:21 UTC 2012

Hi Greg,

The same problem that I had with CLAN seems to be effective with Phon as
well.

My user name has a special character in it : "ç"

When I try to play a media file in the media player with this media file
located below my username folder (which means most of my files), the media
player display "opening" for ever.
If I locate the media file above my username folder, like at the root of my
hardrive D: , no problem, the media player play the media file.

I can imagine that at some point an address of the mediafile location is
required but this address needs to have only ASCII characters in it in
order to work proper.

I know that Leonid fixed this problem very quickly for Childes, I don't
know if it will be very easy for Phon as well.

I know another person that had this problem with Phon but didn't know where
it came from. In language using special characters like accent "é" or "è"
it could be useful to be able to read address which contains special
characters. Or maybe, if it is not done yet, you can just display an
information about this problem when opening the mediaplayer.

What do you think?

Best,

Christophe