host renaming

Brian MacWhinney macw at cmu.edu
Fri Jun 22 21:26:46 UTC 2012

Dear Phon Group,

   In order to more accurately reflect the relation between the CHILDES and TalkBank Projects, we have added the hostname childes.talkbank.org to the Internet DNS tables.  The old name of childes.psy.cmu.edu will continue to work.  However, in future communications and links, we will  refer to the CHILDES host machine at childes.talkbank.org.
   This hostname change is intended to underscore the ways in which CHILDES, AphasiaBank, PhonBank, TBIBank, DementiaBank, and similar projects are sub-components of the overall TalkBank system.

Best regards,

-- Brian MacWhinney