Searching for Geminates

Yvan Rose yvan.rose at gmail.com
Tue Nov 19 14:08:31 UTC 2013

Dear Shaima,
Please find attached a query script tailored for the detection of geminates in IPA Target and Actual forms, which also returns the alignment data.

You can run this script after you open it from the Script Editor, itself available through the Query menu.

Due to a minor limitation in the current version of Phon, the results are not highlighted properly when you visualize the results. This issue is however cosmetic only, as the results export properly in the reports.

As this method is brand new, I would advise that you run a few test queries and spot-check your results manually, so as to ensure the validity of your results. Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Best regards,
Yvan (also on Greg's behalf)