phones query with orthography word match?

Greg J. Hedlund greg.hedlund at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 06:32:35 EST 2017

Hello,

This can be done using the ‘Word Match’ query.  I did discover a small typo in the script, so I have attached a new version.  You can save the attached xml file to the folder ~/Documents/Phon/script and it will appear in the ‘Query’ menu in the application as ‘Word Match (phon 2.1.8-fixed)’.

You will need to change settings under the ‘Word Filter’ section of the form.  For the tier name, enter ‘IPA Target’; use ‘Phonex’ as the ‘Expression type’; and ‘z$’ as the expression.  (‘z$’ works as this query will search word-by-word, so the end of the word is the end of input for the matcher.)

Hope that helps!

Cheers,

-Greg