Automatic segmentation of transcribed speech

Yvan Rose yvan.rose at gmail.com
Mon May 8 08:53:48 EDT 2017

Dear Chen,
Phon does not have a system to check for inter-transcribed reliability, as there is currently no established standards to do this. Among other questions, we keep stumbling on the question as to what of detail should this process work (e.g. phones, descriptive features)? On the other hand, Phon supports multiple-blind IPA transcriptions, whereby each transcriber can input his/her IPA without access to other transcribers' work. Once the blind transcriptions are completed, Phon offers an interface for consensus-based validation of the blind transcripts. More information about this is available in the user manual, which you can access through Phon's help menu.

Your email also hints at two additional technologies: diarization (for speaker-level segmentation) and forced alignment (phone-level alignment). These are two technologies we plan on integrating into Phon over the next period. Stay tuned!

Please let me know if you have questions in the meantime,
Yvan