Import TextGrids

amandahuensch amandahuensch at gmail.com
Wed Apr 17 11:28:45 EDT 2019

Hello everyone,

I am new to Phon and am attempting to import TextGrids using version 3.0.4
on a PC w/ Windows 10. I tried to follow these instructions
https://www.phon.ca/phon-manual/praat-plugin/tasks/import_textgrids.html?hl=import,
however I do not have the Plugins (see screenshot).

[image: test6.png]

One place I tried was from the Session Record -> Speech Analysis ->
TextGrid. From there I see I have the option to "Create records from
TextGrid". However, when I do so, I receive a blank window (1st image
below) and when I run my mouse across it words appear and I eventually get
the 2nd image.

[image: pic2.png] <about:invalid#zClosurez>[image: pic3.png]

Is it still possible to import TextGrids in Phon? and, if so, are there
updated instructions for how to do so? Apologies if I missed this
information in the manual/online.

Thanks so much for your help!
Amanda

Assistant Professor of Applied Linguistics
Department of World Languages
University of South Florida