unintelligible words/custom symbols/PCC

amywilder1 at gmail.com amywilder1 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 15 23:48:59 UTC 2024

Hello Yvan,

I am working on entering transcriptions of the Goldman-Fristoe from
3-year-olds with cleft palate. I am new to Phon and have a few questions:

1- What is the best way to hand an unintelligible word or part of a word.
(we would not want this to be counted as an error)?
2- Is there a way to add your own custom symbols?
3- When running reports such as PCC, is there a way to have voiced/unvoiced
cognates not be counted as an error in final position? (e.g., /glæsɪs/ have
the final s for z not be counted as incorrect?)

Thanks for you help!
Amy Wilder