unintelligible words/custom symbols/PCC

amywilder1 at gmail.com amywilder1 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 16 18:09:04 UTC 2024

Hi Yvan,

Yes, ingressive airflow articulation is an error seen in kids with cleft
palate. It is most often seen with oral fricatives but can be used with any
oral or nasal phoneme. The ingressive airflow diacritic comes from the
extended IPA symbols for disorder speech (Kiel 2015)- see attached.
The IPA number is 661 and the Unicode (hex) is U+2193.

Thanks!
Amy

--
Amy Wilder