Actual/Target IPA

mobchar at gmail.com mobchar at gmail.com
Sat Jan 27 09:54:06 UTC 2024

Hi all,

I did my transcription in CHAT and assumed that I should use the %mod line
(=target) only when the %pho line (=actual) does not meet the target. Now
after moving to Phon, I realized I'll always need both Target and Actual
transcriptions (right?).

It will be a pain to go back and fix the %mod lines of all 5 hours of
recordings I have :) so If there is any way I can let Phon know that it
should take 'Actual IPA' as 'Target IPA' in case 'Actual IPA' is missing,
that would save tons of work.

I hope i am making sense.

Many thanks in advance,
Abdel