What replaces HyperCard?

Baden Hughes badenh at CS.MU.OZ.AU
Tue Apr 19 05:27:49 UTC 2005

This question might not be as easy as it seems - since there's multiple
interpretations eg:

- what development suite/environment provides a similar type of
environment to HyperCard ?

vs

- what development suite/environment provides direct legacy compatibility
with existing HyperCard application code bases ?

vs

- what development suite/environment allows data stored in HyperCard
applications to be read/migrated forward ?

I know this isn't as direct an answer as Nick T's "use Revolution", but
its useful to know there are actually multiple issues here.

If you just want to replace the development suite/environment, then
there's many many ways to do this - working out which is actually the
most applicable to your situation is another thing entirely. Revolution is
one way with some advantages, but its by no means the only way.

Baden