Examples of speaker consent forms

Susan Hooyenga susan at LINGUISTLIST.ORG
Thu Apr 28 21:32:26 UTC 2005

I am a Graduate Assistant working on the E-MELD project.  We are currently
working on a set of ethics pages for the School of Best Practice
(www.emeld.org/school).  One section of these pages discusses the need for
expressed consent from the speaker community for linguistic documentation
work.  We are hoping to collect some examples of written/oral agreements
between researchers/projects and speakers/communities.  If any of you have
examples of these that could be displayed on our website, we would greatly
appreciate it.  You can email these examples as attachments to me at
susan at linguistlist.org.  Please feel free to contact me with any questions
or comments.

Best,
Susan Hooyenga