$AUD price for edirol digital audio recorder

Doug Marmion dem at COOMBS.ANU.EDU.AU
Wed Jan 12 02:41:31 UTC 2005

Hmm, AUD$895---that's a bit more than the American
price of US$550 (=AUD$723), even allowing for GST and shipping. It might
be better to order direct from the USA where you can find prices as low as
US$439 (=AUD$577).

Something worth keeping in mind is that the memory that comes
with it (a 64MB compactflash card) will only allow around 5 minutes
recording, even at the 'lower quality' setting of 16bit/44.1kHz (mp3 of
course is not worth considering for our work). You need
to buy a 512MB flash card to get 47 minutes, and the 2GB card will get you
188 mins. A quick search indicates that a 1GB compactflash card will cost
up to around AUD$200.

cheers,
doug