audio to USB to laptop for low-cost recording

Doug Marmion dem at COOMBS.ANU.EDU.AU
Tue Jan 18 00:25:24 UTC 2005

One important reason for not using a laptop for recording (for me,
anyway) is a field site without power---the Edirol R-1 uses AA batteries
so it would be the ideal replacement for my ageing Sony tape recorder.

I do use an audio-to-USB device for digitising my field tapes (the
Onkyo MSE-U33HB), but price considerations aside it would be nicer ta hove
a single, small hand-held device for recording than a laptop with external
digitiser.

cheers,
doug