transcriber

Nicholas Thieberger thien at UNIMELB.EDU.AU
Sun Jul 31 23:29:47 UTC 2005

Hi Nora,

I am not sure I understand your first question, the time-alignment is done when you select the stretch of sound signal and type in the corresponding text. To see the times you need to look at the text file you are working with, or export from transcriber in one of the several formats it supports.

To use a phonetic font in Transcriber while still using a plain typeface for the transcript you can specify an 'event/pronounce' to have a phonetic font (in 'options/fonts/events'), which allows you to insert an event together with the transcript.

This creates something like the following (using SILDoulosIPA)
fsiu<Event desc="٠iu" type="pronounce" extent="previous"/>

All the best,

Nick

--

Project Manager
PARADISEC

nicholas.thieberger at paradisec.org.au
Department of Linguistics and Applied Linguistics
University of Melbourne
Vic 3010
Australia

Ph 61 (0)3 8344 5185