Easy-access language software development

Andrea Berez andrea at LINGUISTLIST.ORG
Wed May 4 17:06:49 UTC 2005

Dear List,

As a graduate researcher working at LINGUIST List and on the E-MELD
(Electronic Metastructure for Endangered Language Data) project, I am
looking for
resources on easy-access software. By "easy-access" I mean language
products for communities that are developed in simple, sustainable,
open-access formats, with an eye toward:

-ease of modification for training speakers to make new software (to avoid
having to hire a professional programmer)

-either the use of previously-available archival materials, or the
development of new archival materials concurrently

-NOT requiring special hardware, software, or high-speed internet
connection to use the materials.

Thanks in advance for your input. I'd like to use the information on the
E-MELD School of Best Practices website.

Sincerely,

Andrea Berez

Andrea Berez
LINGUIST List Editor