Indigenous Australian language names

Des. Crump descrump at GIL.COM.AU
Fri May 13 03:53:48 UTC 2005

Anna

Not so much a digital list but a few websites that have listings of
Australian Indigenous languages:

*         Ethnologue: Languages of the World http://www.ethnologue.com/

*         Australian Indigenous Languages
http://www.anu.edu.au/linguistics/nash/aust/

*         Australian Aboriginal Languages (Trinity College)
http://library.trinity.wa.edu.au/aborigines/language.htm

*         AusAnthrop http://www.ausanthrop.net/services/

*         Federation of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Languages
(FATSIL) http://www.fatsil.org/

*         SA Museum Tindale archives
http://www.samuseum.sa.gov.au/tindale/index.html

*         Aboriginal Languages of Australia (David Nathan)
http://www.dnathan.com/VL/austLang.htm

*         Australian Institute of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander
Studies (AIATSIS) http://www.aiatsis.gov.au/index.htm [AIATSIS are currently
undertaking a languages survey project and may have further details on the
state of Indigenous languages)

Regards,

Des.