DCMI Metadata issue

Linguist Linguist at NOONGAR.ORG.AU
Thu Nov 24 03:58:08 UTC 2005

Hi all:

its Rachel from the South West Aboriginal Land & Sea Council.

Just a small question which might be a really dumb one, what's the
difference between the element refiners and the qualification schemes in
the DCMI?

Is element to element-refiner the same as element to qualifier? I note
that some element refiners can be qualified by a scheme or two.

At first I thought it was to do with something like qualitative versus
quantitative but now I am not sure.

I am not well versed in XML, so haven't looked at the code to see.

If there's an easy ref. to a descriptive difference on the DC site or
the OLAC site, that would be appreciated :-)

Cheers:

Rachel

Rachel Cross
Linguist
South West Aboriginal Land and Sea Council
7 Harvey St, Victoria Park WA 6979
P. 9486 2400
Email Linguist at noongar.org.au <mailto:Linguist at noongar.org.au>