Toolbox Question

Laura C Robinson (by way of Nicholas Thieberger) lrobinso at HAWAII.EDU
Sun Apr 2 21:45:52 UTC 2006

I am having some trouble with Toolbox and was hoping you might be
able to help.  I have been unable to export my data through MDF.   I
did not separate the settings files, so they are in the same folder
as my data.  When I attempt to export, I get the following message:

MDF Rich Text Format
MDF cannot find this database type.  It contains some markers that
are used only for formatting.  You may need to copy the mdf_rtf.typ
file from the MDF folder to your project's folder <lists the folder
which contains both my settings and my data files>.

I tried to do this, and I found the file and copied it to the folder,
but I got the same error message.  I then tried copying all the files
from the MDF folder into the project folder, and got the same
results.  I then started a new project with the same data in order to
create a separate settings folder, but the project automatically
designated the same settings folder as before (the one with my data
files) and I don't know how to change the settings folder.  I'm not
even sure if this separate settings folder would solve my problems.

I considered uninstalling Toolbox and reinstalling, but the internet
connection here is too slow to download the program).

I emailed Shoebox support a few days ago, but they haven't gotten
back to me yet, and I would really like to be able to print out the
entries I have flagged for rechecking when I go back to work with my
informant in a few days.  Even if the problem is not solved by then,
I would really like to be able to print shoebox files to do this kind
of checking in the future.

Thanks,
Laura

Laura C. Robinson