Call for papers, Sustainable data from digital fieldwork

Nicholas Thieberger thien at UNIMELB.EDU.AU
Wed Aug 23 07:16:49 UTC 2006

Sustainable data from digital fieldwork, a three-day conference in
Sydney on December 4-6th, 2006.

Papers of  3,000 words are invited for peer review and on-demand
publication. The deadline for papers is September 30 as we plan to
make the papers available at the conference.

Topics could include, among others:
- fieldwork and the use of new technologies;
- standards for encoding ethnographic data;
- development of new research questions based on readily available online data;
- access and intellectual property issues;
- advocacy: problems with uptake of new technological tools,
recalcitrance and how to address it;
- models for training new researchers;
- data curation, what do we want and how do we get it?

The conference site is here:
http://conferences.arts.usyd.edu.au/index.php?cf=11

--
Project Manager
Ethnographic Eresearch (ARC SRI Project)

http://ethnoer.unimelb.edu.au/
Ph 61 (0)3 8344 5185