Marantz PMD 671

Gail Coelho gc13 at SOAS.AC.UK
Wed Aug 30 10:34:07 UTC 2006

Yes, the Marantz PMD671 does default to batteries if the mains power is
interrupted. But I found the Marantz battery very unreliable and so cannot
tell you exactly how long it's battery life is. I found it much better to
use a set of 8 NiMH batteries -- these would quite reliably last for 5
hours, although the manual says that they should last 7 hours. Also they
charge in an hour, if you buy the right charger.

Gail

At 11:25 PM 27/08/2006, myf wrote:
>Hi
>
>Can someone tell me how long the battery life of the Marantz PMD671 is, say
>recording at 24bit/48khz?
>
>Also, does anyone know if the mains power is interrupted (but still plugged
>into the unit), will the machine default over to the batteries?
>
>-Myf

Dr. Gail Coelho,
Postdoctoral Researcher,
Endangered Languages Academic Programme,
School of Oriental and African Studies,
Thornhaugh Street,
Russell Square,
London WC1H OXG