headphones

Claire Bowern anggarrgoon at GMAIL.COM
Fri Dec 15 15:46:17 UTC 2006

Hi Greg,
I'm a fan of Sennheiser HD-series headphones. They are quite lightweight
and comfortable to wear (for me, at least) and the fidelity and depth of
sound is excellent. There are many different models at different prices.
I paid about US80 for mine, I think. The disadvantage to many of the
models in the HD series is that the over-ear part isn't fully closed.
That makes it lighter but it also means you get more noise from outside,
and others can sometimes hear what you're transcribing.

I also have a pair of Koss UR/29 collapsible overear headphones which
were much cheaper. They are clearly not as good - the difference in
performance is obvious, but they are not bad.

Claire