Transcriber on Intel Macs

Nicholas Thieberger thien at UNIMELB.EDU.AU
Wed Jul 19 20:20:06 UTC 2006

Gary,

While I don't have an answer to the Intel Mac issues, I have found
that Elan now has the ability to 'segment', that is to assign
timecoded chunks to a file by playing the media and hitting the
return key. This was what I saw as the big advantage of Transcriber,
and it may be that Transcriber has had its day. The developers are
not responsive, unlike Elan, and Elan is getting easier to use as a
result. There is an issue in the installation of 2.6.2 on Macs which
means it can only be launched via the webstart version.

Nick