transcriber-soundFormats

David Nathan dn2 at SOAS.AC.UK
Tue May 2 16:22:54 UTC 2006

Re Transcriber, WAV and MP3:

I have completed without problem a couple of projects where:

(i) Transcriber was used to align text or indices with WAV files; then
(ii) within the multimedia authoring software Director, the (adapted) transcriber TRS file was used as a source of time alignment together with an MP3 derivative of the WAV file that was originally transcribed

It's possible that there have been very slight changes in alignment, but certainly any misalignment is imperceptible (certainly less than one syllable length after 60 minutes). In other words, when transcribing to a WAV file, I had no problem with the alignment of a derived MP3, in a different player environment.

- David Nathan