MZ-NH600 Portable Minidisc Recorder

Stephen Morey S.Morey at LATROBE.EDU.AU
Thu May 25 07:34:13 UTC 2006

Dear RNLD List,

A few weeks back I purchased a MZ-NH600 Portable Minidisc Recorder over
the internet, with rechargable AA batteries and 5 ordinary blank MDs
thrown in. It was $99 Australian + $11 postage - a pretty good deal.
However, when I try to record with it, the sound is very quiet. I am
using Sony powered stereo microphones, like the Sony ECM ZS90 and Sony
Sony ECM MS907.

There is only one input, titled Line In (Opt), whereas on the Minidisc
player I was using earlier (Sony MZ-N10), there are two inputs and there
is no problem with recording volume.
Nick Thieberger suggested that I need a preamp. I tried looking this up
on the internet and everything that is called preamp that I could find
is a big and expensive box. Can anyone advise what I need to be looking
for.

Thankyou

Stephen Morey