Transcribing pedals

Linda Barwick Linda.Barwick at ARTS.USYD.EDU.AU
Tue Nov 28 21:22:27 UTC 2006

The solid state sound transcription pedal seems relatively expensive
to me. A few months ago I reported to the Music Transcribers list
(see my other post) on using the vpedal (made by VPE, in Australia)
successfully with ELAN and quicktime (doesn't seem to work with
Transcriber).

http://www.trixsoftware.com/apps/vpedal/VPedal.html
http://www.smh.com.au/news/upgrade/pedal-power/
2006/04/17/1145126035069.html

I bought one in Sydney for $112 including delivery (the price may be
different now since the supplier mp3direct.com.au has now gone offline.)

  You can programme other joystick type USB foot pedal devices to do
the same job.

Linda

Dr Linda Barwick
Senior Research Fellow
Sydney Conservatorium of Music
Office: room 235 Transient Building F12
University of Sydney NSW 2006
tel +61 2 9351 2002
fax +61 2 9351 7572
lbarwick at usyd.edu.au

Director, PARADISEC
Pacific and Regional Archive for Digital Sources in Endangered Cultures
Sydney Unit, room 238
Transient Building F12
University of Sydney NSW 2006
tel +61 2 9036 9557