Edirol R-09 WAV/MP3 Recorder

Bartlomiej Plichta plichtab at MSU.EDU
Fri Nov 3 02:08:07 UTC 2006

Hello all,

I would just want to say that having tested most CF audio recorders,
there really is no match for the Tascam HD-P2, if one wants an
all-in-one, inexpensive, portable recorder.

The step up is the line-up offered by Sound Devices. Then, Nagra, if
money is no object. Also, look out for the new Sonosax recorder due out
soon.

Everything else, including Marantz, M-Audio, Edirol, simply does not
qualify as high-precision, reliable instruments that are necessary for
linguistic analysis.

Let's not forget about the importance of picking the right microphone
and using the right recording technique.

Bartek Plichta

--
Bartlomiej Plichta
http://bartus.org