frustrations with Shoebox/Toolbox

Joe Blythe joe.blythe at ARTS.USYD.EDU.AU
Tue Oct 3 02:15:44 UTC 2006

Apparently Toolbox works on the new Intel macs without virtual PC, so
if a mac upgrade was in the pipeline it could be a reason to do it.
Joe

On 02/10/2006, at 7:04 PM, Nicholas Thieberger wrote:

> I've also used Toolbox under Virtual PC and its ok, but a little
> clunky in comparison with Toolbox on Windows.
>
> Alan Busman, one of the Toolbox team, said earlier this year that the
> port of Toolbox to Mac was planned for 2006, so maybe it will be in
> the not-too-distant future.
>
> Nick
>

> At 11:48 AM +1000 3/10/06, Patrick McConvell wrote:
>> I have been concerned with the unavailability of Toolbox for the Mac
>> (OSX). Ruth Singer tells me she is successfully using the Windows
>> version on a Mac via Virtual-PC, but then there is the cost of
>> Virtual-PC to consider if this is the only reason it is being bought.
>> wonder if anyone knows (a) when/if Mac OSX Toolbox may become
>> available;
>> (b)when/if access to Windows programs will become standard for new
>> Macs.
>>
>> Pat McConvell

Joe Blythe
PhD student, Department of Linguistics
University of Sydney, NSW 2006

Sept-Dec 2006 Visiting Scholar
Department of Linguistics
University of California, Santa Barbara
3607 South Hall, Santa Barbara, CA 93106-3100