Sustainable Data from Digital Fieldwork: from creation to archive and back

Tom Honeyman tom at FATUOUS.ORG
Wed Oct 18 04:22:15 UTC 2006

Hi All,

Places in our December conference are almost all gone. So if you're
interested, please register soon at:

http://conferences.arts.usyd.edu.au/registration.php?cf=11

Preliminary schedule here:

http://conferences.arts.usyd.edu.au/schedule.php?cf=11

Conference attendees automatically have a place at our workshop on
the third day, which will cover:

9:00 AM - 9:15 AM	Digital media: Basics of digital audio
9:15 AM - 10:00 AM	Digital media: Digital video demystified
10:00 AM - 11:00 AM	 Digital media: Organising files
11:00 AM - 11:30 AM	 Morning tea
11:30 AM - 1:00 PM	Annotating media: Elan, time-aligned transcripts
1:00 PM - 1:45 PM	Lunch (own expense)
1:45 PM - 2:45 PM	Annotating media: Toolbox clinic
2:45 PM - 3:30 PM	Presentation of data: Audiamus and the Ethnographic
Online Presentation and Annotation System (EOPAS)
3:30 PM - 4:30 PM	Any other issues

If you're interested in going to the workshop only and not the entire
conference, registration for the day costs $40 (employed) $20
(students). Please notify Vi King Lim: <admin at paradisec.org.au> if
you wish to attend.

Tom Honeyman
PARADISEC Project Co-ordinator
Pacific and Regional Archive for Digital Sources in Endangered Cultures
Sydney Unit, room 238, Transient Building F12
University of Sydney NSW 2006
tel +61 2 9036 9557
fax +61 2 9351 7572
tom.honeyman at paradisec.org.au