Edirol R-09 WAV/MP3 Recorder

Tom Honeyman tom at FATUOUS.ORG
Thu Oct 19 04:49:04 UTC 2006

Without having tried one of these (so I could be talking total
nonsense) generally speaking these smaller devices tend not to have
great analogue to digital convertors and also tend not to have the
best mic input plugs either. If anyone has one, we'd love to give a
sample to our sound guy Frank for his opinion.

I don't think SD cards are a problem.

Joe Blythe was pretty happy with it, and Claire Bowern comments that
they're good:

http://blogs.usyd.edu.au/elac/2006/10/
recording_naturalistic_convers_1.html

-tom

On 19/10/2006, at 2:28 PM, Robert Hoogenraad wrote:

> We were wondering about any down-side to the Edirol R-09 WAV/MP3
> Recorder.
>
> Is the fact that it uses SD cards a problem?
>
> Robert Hoogenraad & Myf Turpin
> --
> Robert Hoogenraad, Linguist
> e-mail: <hoogie at netspace.net.au>
> PO Box 8285, Alice Springs, NT 0871; Phone (08) 89 52 6564
>
> Charles Darwin University, Alice Springs Campus, Desert Knowledge,
> Room 226
> CDU, PO Box 795, Alice Springs, NT 0871
> phone (08) 89595249; fax (08) 89595344

Tom Honeyman
PARADISEC Project Co-ordinator
Pacific and Regional Archive for Digital Sources in Endangered Cultures
Sydney Unit, room 238, Transient Building F12
University of Sydney NSW 2006
tel +61 2 9036 9557
fax +61 2 9351 7572
tom.honeyman at paradisec.org.au