IPA-SIL keyboard layout for Mac OSX v. 0.6 (alpha)

Christopher Doty suomichris at GMAIL.COM
Tue Oct 24 15:25:11 UTC 2006

The best option I've found for typing in the IPA (using the SIL fonts)
is a keyboard called IPAKeys which installs to System Prefs.  It is
essentially the same thing as Ukelele, except that someone has gone to
the trouble of setting up all of the keystrokes needed for the IPA.
It is at least as intuitive as the Keyman keyboard for Windows, and
has a rather detailed manual of the needed keystrokes.

The program is no long available from its own website, but it is
archived in several locations (for example, here:
http://w3.coh.arizona.edu/jeridf/wp-content/files/IPAKeys.tar.gz ).

Definitely worth a look.

Chris