Extracting sound files (wav) from audio files

Stephen Morey S.Morey at LATROBE.EDU.AU
Mon Sep 4 04:10:54 UTC 2006

Dear RNLD list members,

I am user of PC computers and need to be able to extract a .wav file from a video file (currently .avi format). For video recording, I used a 1999 model Sony Digital Handycam TRV110E Camcorder, and then used the program available at my work place (RCLT, LaTrobe), which is the Pinnacle Studio 9 Program, to convert the video into .avi using real-time recording and a 1394 cable. Now I want to extract a .wav file, sound only. I can't find any place in the Studio 9 program to do that, and wondered if anybody knew how to do it. I have heard that Adode Premier will do so, but its quite expensive.

Can anyone help me with advice?

Stephen