Recorders

Florian Siegl florian.siegl at GMX.NET
Mon Sep 4 06:39:21 UTC 2006

Hi,

as an alternative to Marantz PMD models, our project has decided to use
a MAYAH Flashman. This device seems a little more expensive (around 1500
€) than Marantz equipment, but at least it is really easy to use and
runs quite efficiently on batteries (3~4 hours). Only one detail on
their homepage is not correct. On a 1GB flash card (larger ones are not
supported so far), there is room for 99 min of sound in wav only and not
3 hours (if recording with best quality/best practice). For more
information see: http://www.mayah.com/products/products-portable.htm

Best,

Florian Siegl

DOBES Tartu-Göttingen
Documentation on Enets and Forest Nenets