Toolbox without Windows on a mac!

Joe Blythe joe.blythe at ARTS.USYD.EDU.AU
Tue Apr 3 23:10:17 UTC 2007

Good news for those macintosh users who have been patiently waiting
for an OS X version of Toolbox.
Well the news isn't that good, there still isn't one but I recently
got Toolbox running using Crossover.
http://www.codeweavers.com/products/cxmac/

Crossover only runs on an Intel mac (sorry).
There is a trial version that's good for a month.
You need to download and install the Linux Wine version of Toolbox.
http://www.sil.org/computing/toolbox/downloads.htm

I previously had Toolbox running in Windows which was running through
Parallels.
Even with as much Ram as they could stuff into this macbook, running
windows is horrible as it draws huge amounts of memory from the mac
side of the computer. This may not be so irritating if you are
parsing all day, but if you want to find one word in your lexicon
it's a nightmare. Besides that Windows is also expensive and prone to
attack from viruses.

Joe