portable storage

Aidan Wilson aidan at USYD.EDU.AU
Thu Dec 6 08:02:48 UTC 2007

Sure, but I was trying not to needlessly complicate matters. The point
is to use a format that a) is uncompressed, and b) stands a high chance
of being readable x number of years into the future. As far as I'm
aware, you cannot operate raw pcm files on a computer; they have to be
embedded inside some file format with a necessary header, be it wav, au
or aiff.
Wav is proprietary right? Owned by IBM? Is there an open-source equivalent?

--
Aidan Wilson

PARADISEC
0428 458 969