Application Error

Linguist Linguist at NOONGAR.ORG.AU
Tue Jan 30 06:29:23 UTC 2007

Referring to my earlier email, the screen freezes when I am trying to
open a sound file in the process of opening a new Transcriber file.

The sound files are pretty large (over one hour in length).

If I wanted to split my sound files in half (to make them more
manageable for Transcriber), how would I go about it?

Regards:

Rachel

IMPORTANT: This transmission is intended for the use of the addressee
and may contain confidential and/or legally privileged information.  If
you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that any use or
dissemination of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have
received this transmission in error please notify the South West
Aboriginal Land & Sea Council on (08) 9358 7400 or the sender at the
address above and delete all copies of this information together with
any attachments.

	-----Original Message-----
	From: Linguist
	Sent: Tuesday, 30 January 2007 1:32 PM
	To: Resource Network for Linguistic Diversity
(Resource-Network-Linguistic-Diversity at unimelb.edu.au)

	Hi all:

	I have been having trouble with my Transcriber program. It is
version 1.5.1.

	It freezes when I try to open new sound files, giving me an
application error
	"X-error:couldn't execute "kill":
	no such file or directory".

	When I then shut down my computer (since screen is frozen) I get
the message that the program SnackDSound is not responding.

	Any thoughts?

	Thanks:

	Rachel

	Rachel Cross
	Linguist
	South West Aboriginal Land and Sea Council
	1490 Albany Hwy, Cannington WA 6107
	P. 9358 7437
	Email Linguist at noongar.org.au <mailto:Linguist at noongar.org.au>