recording amplified speech with Marantz

Sally Dixon wmcontractlinguist at KISSER.NET.AU
Wed May 16 07:42:48 UTC 2007

Can anyone advise as to how I might be able to record a seminar
presentation via the microphone that the speaker is using?

The equipment we have to work with is: standard PA systems and Marantz
portable digital recorders.

I suppose we could just put the Marantz mic near the speaker that is
amplifying the presenter. Is there a better quality/ more elegant way
to both amplify the speaker and record their presentation?

Many thanks for your time.

Sally
Sally Dixon
Linguist

Wangka Maya Pilbara Aboriginal Language Centre
PO Box 2736 South Hedland WA 6722
Ph: (08) 91722344  Fax: (08) 91722355
www.wangkamaya.org.au