Korg MR-1 recorder

Bartlomiej Plichta plichtab at MSU.EDU
Tue May 22 14:45:31 UTC 2007

Yes, DSD has been around for quite some time, but was typically a niche
format used by several pro audio manufacturers. PCM was and still is the
best choice for archival audio, primarily due to its simplicity and
ubiquity. However, DSD is an excellent choice to audio recording.

However, what matters most is the analog part of your recording and
archiving (microphone, preamplifier, magnetic storage, A/D converter, etc.).
The actual format of the data stream is far less significant.

One of the most useful resources for pro audio solutions are the Audio
Engineering Society and the European Broadcasting Union. Joining one of
these organizations and getting involved in the field can help a great deal.

Best regards,

Bartek Plichta