Language Archives New No. 10

David Nash David.Nash at ANU.EDU.AU
Sun Oct 7 23:10:15 UTC 2007

At 3:56 PM +0000 27/9/07, David Nathan wrote:
>'Language Archives Newsletter' (LAN) No. 10 is now available.

>Review: Audio Recorders Zoom H4 and Korg MR-1, by Paul Trilsbeek, Gerd Klaas

Further on the Korg MR-1, I have found that the unit recharges from
USB2 power while connected to a computer.  This is not mentioned in
the manual http://www.korg.com/downloads/pdf/MR1_OM_E2.pdf, and
perhaps there is some reason to avoid doing this -- does anyone know?
So if the field situation allows the Korg to be connected to a
laptop, and the laptop has an external power source (or robust
battery charge) then the recording time can be extended.  Also, the
Korg's rather large AC adaptor would not need to be carried.

"A minor nuisance is that the display does not indicate the battery
level when charging, so there is no way to tell when the battery is
full while the device is connected to an AC power supply."  True, but
it is easy to momentarily disconnect the input power and the display
immediately shows the battery state.

David Nash
http://www.anu.edu.au/linguistics/nash