iMovie HD

M Garde murraygarde at OZEMAIL.COM.AU
Thu Sep 6 04:09:42 UTC 2007

I have a new Sony HVR A1P professional camcorder (miniDV tape) that I
am trying to connect to a MacBookPro (OSX 10.4.9, 2.33GHz processor,
2GB/90GB drive) using iMovie HD (6.0.3) as I have a video recording
from which I want to extract the audio. iMovie HD seems to have
trouble importing from this camera; there is no sound during import
but when the imported clip is played back in iMovie there is sound
and image but it is at a slower speed than real time. I've trawled
through the iMovie HD help website and discussion lists but no one
seems to have anything relevant to say about this. The recording was
made in normal SP mode HDV1080i. A colleague on a similar Mac laptop
but with a different new Sony HD camera (consumer level camcorder)
has a similar problem with iMovie HD- the video is only imported at
half speed and then only plays back at half speed. Any ideas anyone?

Murray Garde

Dr Murray Garde
ARC Linkage Postdoctoral Fellow
School of Languages and Linguistics