Shoebox 5 database file (textedit) for toolbox windows

Gary Holton gary.holton at UAF.EDU
Tue Sep 18 01:41:29 UTC 2007

Leslie,

I pass shoebox files back and forth between mac and pc regularly.
Usually there is no problem with the actual db file, but sometimes
the other miscellaneous settings  files ( .typ, .lng) need to have
the text encoding changed.  In textedit, choose Save As, then under
"Plain Text Encoding" choose "Western (Windows Latin 1)". That should
do it.

Gary Holton
Associate Professor of Linguistics
Alaska Native Language Center