money for languages

Piers Kelly piers.kelly at GMAIL.COM
Mon Dec 8 00:09:42 UTC 2008

Hello,
I've just heard the announcement that the Lonely Planet Foundation has
closed and relaunched as Planet Wheeler. The only difference is that the
money for the new foundation comes directly from Maureen & Tony Wheeler
rather than the annual profits of Lonely Planet.

Anyway, the Wheelers are looking for ideas to fund. Generally speaking,
these should be development-style projects that don't already have access to
broad institutional support.

I would say that language revitalisation fits squarely into this category.
If anyone out there is interested, send me an email off-list so I can refer
you to the right person.

Piers.