Cape York languages

Leonora Adidi leonora.adidi at BATCHELOR.EDU.AU
Thu Feb 28 08:37:21 UTC 2008

FYI , please help with this request.

________________________________

From: Multimedia Languages & Marketing [mailto:multimedia at 2m.com.au]
Sent: Thu 28-Feb-08 4:52 PM
To: Leonora Adidi
Subject: Cape York languages

Dear Leonora

Please forward to your network. Thank you!

Dear Colleagues

I am looking for colleagues who can translate fact sheets about Child Safety (for the Qld Dep of Child Safety) into Cape York Indigenous languages.

If you are able to translate into a Cape York language or if you know someone who can, please contact me. If you can't translate but you can recommend which language you think are important, please do send me your opinion (i.e. language recommendation).

Translation of English information into Indigenous languages is very important and unfortunately all too often neglected as information is mostly only translated into Asian, European and African languages.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards

Tea C. Dietterich

NAATI Advanced Translator & Interpreter

Vice President - Australian Institute for Translators & Interpreters Inc, Qld

Multimedia Languages & Marketing (All Languages)

Tel: 07 3367 8722

Fax: 07 3009 9927

Mobile: 0417 98 30 76

Web: www.2m.com.au <http://www.2m.com.au/>

ABN 75 120 503 764

ACN 120 503 764

PO Box 340

Paddington, Qld 4064

All Australian Translators accredited by National Accreditation Authority for Translators & Interpreters (NAATI)

Member of German Australian Chamber of Industry and Commerce

Member of the Australian Institute for Translators & Interpreters (AUSIT)