Cape York languages

Daryn McKenny daryn at ARWARBUKARL.COM.AU
Fri Feb 29 03:27:04 UTC 2008

Hi Leonora,

Maybe try contacting the North Queensland Regional Languages Centre based in Cairns on 07-4053 4698, they supposedly work with the 45 languages in the North Queensland and should have some good contacts.

Regards

Daryn

Arwarbukarl Cultural Resource Association Inc.

Read our Indigenous Language BLOG at http://www.arwarbukarl.net.au/blog/

P | 02 4954 6899    F | 02 4954 3899    E | daryn at arwarbukarl.com.au    W | www.arwarbukarl.com.au

-----Original Message-----
From: Leonora Adidi [mailto:leonora.adidi at batchelor.edu.au]
Sent: Thursday, 28 February 2008 7:37 PM
To: Resource-Network-Linguistic-Diversity at unimelb.edu.au
Subject: Cape York languages

FYI , please help with this request.

________________________________

From: Multimedia Languages & Marketing [mailto:multimedia at 2m.com.au]
Sent: Thu 28-Feb-08 4:52 PM
To: Leonora Adidi

Dear Leonora

Please forward to your network. Thank you!

Dear Colleagues

I am looking for colleagues who can translate fact sheets about Child Safety (for the Qld Dep of Child Safety) into Cape York Indigenous languages.

If you are able to translate into a Cape York language or if you know someone who can, please contact me. If you can't translate but you can recommend which language you think are important, please do send me your opinion (i.e. language recommendation).

Translation of English information into Indigenous languages is very important and unfortunately all too often neglected as information is mostly only translated into Asian, European and African languages.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards

Tea C. Dietterich

NAATI Advanced Translator & Interpreter

Vice President - Australian Institute for Translators & Interpreters Inc, Qld

Multimedia Languages & Marketing (All Languages)

Tel: 07 3367 8722

Fax: 07 3009 9927

Mobile: 0417 98 30 76

Web: www.2m.com.au <http://www.2m.com.au/>

ABN 75 120 503 764

ACN 120 503 764

PO Box 340

Paddington, Qld 4064

All Australian Translators accredited by National Accreditation Authority for Translators & Interpreters (NAATI)

Member of German Australian Chamber of Industry and Commerce

Member of the Australian Institute for Translators & Interpreters (AUSIT)

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 2910 (20080228) __________

http://www.eset.com