Wangka Maya contract work

Margaret Florey Margaret.Florey at ARTS.MONASH.EDU.AU
Thu Jan 17 22:51:32 UTC 2008

Wangka Maya is looking for expressions of interest from linguists who
are interested in short contracts of between 2 and 6 months, and
involving a considerable amount of field work. If you know anyone who
would like to conduct field work, or of a linguistic student looking for
a Western Australian language to work with, please pass on our contact
details. Would be very happy to see if we can accommodate their needs.

Wangka Maya may provide a return flight, accommodation, a vehicle for
work use and a contract at $35 per hour. Linguists can be paid  a
contracted figure amount based on the achievement of specific outcomes
(25% up front, 50% during project, 25% on presentation of material) or a
fortnightly amount on presentation of materials to demonstrate progress.

Students can not be paid if their work is part of a study program, but
support will be given in the form of accommodation, a vehicle and
on-going professional development. Linguistic students who would like
work experience that is outside of their course of study can be paid.
The minimum amount of time we suggest for this type of work experience
is 2 weeks.

Would you please circulate this information amongst your networks. Many
thanks!

Sue Hanson
Senior Linguist

Wangka Maya Pilbara Aboriginal Language Centre
PO Box 2736
South Hedland WA 6722
ph: (08) 9172 2344 fax: (08)9172 2355
wmseniorlinguist at wangkamaya.org.au
www.wangkamaya.org.au

Eleonora Deak
Linguist
Wangka Maya Pilbara Aboriginal Language Centre
PO Box 2736
Sth Hedland WA, 6722

--
Dr Margaret Florey