laptop batteries

Claire Bowern anggarrgoon at GMAIL.COM
Sun Jan 20 15:28:54 UTC 2008

I used an external battery on fieldwork this year. It was US$130 or so
but worked pretty well. It also allowed charging of USB devices. I get
about 3 hours from my regular vaio battery; this gave me about 5.5-6 hours.

http://www.amazon.com/APC-UPB70-Universal-Notebook-Batt/dp/B000KO0HKY/ref=pd_bbs_3?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1200842834&sr=8-3
That's the 70WH, there's also an 80WH

The biggest problem I had was taking it through airport security.

Claire