Miromaa 3 Sneak preview - Language database computer software

Daryn McKenny daryn at ARWARBUKARL.COM.AU
Thu Jan 24 04:41:31 UTC 2008

This story appears on our BLOG Site
<http://www.arwarbukarl.net.au/blog/?p=69>

Miromaa 3 Sneak Preview <http://www.arwarbukarl.net.au/blog/?p=69>

Posted in January 24th, 2008 | Edit
<http://www.arwarbukarl.net.au/blog/wp-admin/post.php?action=edit&post=6
9>

by Daryn <http://www.arwarbukarl.net.au/blog/?author=1>  in General
<http://www.arwarbukarl.net.au/blog/?cat=1> , Puliima Online
<http://www.arwarbukarl.net.au/blog/?cat=3> , Information Technology
<http://www.arwarbukarl.net.au/blog/?cat=5> , Miromaa
<http://www.arwarbukarl.net.au/blog/?cat=7>

Hi Everyone,

You may or may not have heard about the computer program "Miromaa" that
we have developed. For those that have not here is a quick brief:

Miromaa is a computer program which is aimed at empowering Indigenous
people to enable us to best utilise technology in the task of
researching, recording, reclaiming and disseminating our traditional
languages. It enables us to be hands on in the preservation and
revitalisation of our languages.

Well, we are proud to now give you all a sneak preview of Miromaa 3,
this is our major revised version developed on the .Net platform. The
program still has all of the great features of before but now with a new
fresher layout to make using Miromaa even easier.

The program enforces good archive practise and helps you gather any and
all evidences of language including, text, audio, images and video. You
can also use it to store your digitised documents for example pdf and
Word documents, Excel spreadsheets plus more.

It has a secure environment which can only be accessed by username and
password, it can help you work on multiple languages or dialects and it
also has a learning area where you can begin learning immediately.

The program can run on either a stand-alone desktop or on a network and
you are not just limited to using Miromaa only as the program has the
ability to export its data in various forms including SIL
Shoebox/Toolbox text file format, Lexique Pro text file format,
Microsoft Word, tables and more.

Please add your thoughts to the BLOG
<http://www.arwarbukarl.net.au/blog/?p=69>  as we would love to hear
them.

So, to get on with it here is the link to the preview site:

http://www.arwarbukarl.net.au/miromaa/Preview/Preview.html

You will need a broadband connection to view the Shockwave video

For further information about Miromaa 2 please visit here:

http://www.arwarbukarl.com.au/default.aspx?id=153

For further information about Arwarbukarl CRA visit here:
http://www.arwarbukarl.com.au/

Regards

Daryn McKenny

Arwarbukarl Cultural Resource Association Inc.

Read our Indigenous Language BLOG at http://www.arwarbukarl.net.au/blog/
<http://www.arwarbukarl.net.au/blog/>

P | 02 4954 6899    F | 02 4954 3899    E | daryn at arwarbukarl.com.au
W | www.arwarbukarl.com.au

Please note that we have recently moved to our new location at Cardiff.

P  Please consider the environment before printing this email

The Arwarbukarl Cultural Resource Association Inc. respects the privacy
of individuals and strives to comply with all areas of the Privacy Act.
The contents of this email are intended for the purpose of the person or
persons named in either the "To" or "CC" boxes of the email. Any person
not named in these boxes in receipt of this email should immediately
delete this email and advise the sender accordingly.